Save the date for Wednesday, August 24 from 5:00 - 7:00 pm at Greensburg Salem's Offutt Field for our Back to School Bash! Enjoy an evening of family fun, including music and entertainment, food/food trucks, games, giveaways, children’s activities, community resources and more to kick off the 2022-2023 school year.
This event is FREE to attend and open to the community. No registration or tickets are required. Attendees are encouraged to show their Greensburg Salem pride by wearing brown, white, and gold.
Entertainment will include performances by the Greensburg Salem Marching Band and High School Choir, as well as recognition of our outstanding students and teachers.
Free hot dogs and snacks courtesy of the Greensburg Volunteer Fire Department will be available, as well as food/treats for purchase from Kona Ice, Elegant Catering Food Truck, and McFeely’s Ice Cream Truck. Games and activities will include karaoke, yard games and sports, selfie station, rock wall, children’s crafts, face painting, student artist market, and more!
Over 20 community organizations will be in attendance to help celebrate the start of the new school year while sharing information about the valuable resources they offer to students and their families, including:
• Big Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Laurel Region
• Central Westmoreland Career & Technology Center
• Greensburg Hempfield Area Library
• Greensburg Volunteer Fire Department
• Pennsylvania Army National Guard
• Ray of Hope Westmoreland County Suicide Awareness & Prevention Task Force
• Rotary Club of Greensburg
• Salvation Army of Greensburg
• St. Vincent College Prevention Projects
• Seton Hill University
• Stage Right
• Triangle Tech
• United Way of Southwestern PA
• Unity in the Community
• University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg
• Wesley Family Services
• Westmoreland County Community College
• Westmoreland County Food Bank
• Westmoreland Cultural Trust
• Westmoreland Drug & Alcohol Commission/Council on Substance Abuse and Youth
• Westmoreland Museum of American Art
• Westmoreland Performing Arts
• YWCA Westmoreland County
In conjunction with the Back to School Bash, the Greensburg Salem High School Mini-THON will be hosting their annual cornhole tournament. The cost to participate is $20 per team and all proceeds will support children with cancer, their families, and research to find a cure for pediatric cancer. Those interested may email Mini-THON at [email protected] In addition to the cornhole tournament, there will also be a dunk tank where guests will have a chance to dunk Greensburg Salem staff!
“We are excited to host this Back to School Bash for the entire community. Here at Greensburg Salem, we believe that community support is directly linked to the strength of our schools and the success of our students. This event will celebrate what we hope will be an amazing start to the new school year while connecting students, parents, and staff with valuable resources available through our numerous community organizations,” said Dr. Kenneth Bissell, Greensburg Salem School District Superintendent.
In case of inclement weather, the Back to School Bash will be held on Thursday, August 25 from 5:00 – 7:00 pm. A shuttle bus will be available for those who wish to park at the Greensburg Salem High School.